Dear Toddycats and Independents,
Thank you for your patience in waiting for this email. Please read this carefully and write me immediately if you have any questions; thanks!
We meet at 7.40am this Saturday
This Saturday, we will be meeting at Kranji Reservoir Car Park A at 7.40am (map attached) to be briefed and suited up for the work. I appreciate very much that you are waking up early on a Saturday for this!
We expect to finish by 12.00pm.
Transport is available from the following places/times:
- 7.00am – Dover MRT (westward, same side as polytechnic)
- 7.30am – Kranji MRT (bus stop adjacent to MRT)
- 12.00pm – Bus leaves for Kranji and Clementi MRT
Please let me know to expect you here: http://tinyurl.com/iccs-kranjieast-pickup
No heroics during the cleanup!
Kranji East is a tough site with difficult and limited access. Do be guided by your site captains. We will work carefully, and at a slow and steady rate. And we will leave the heavy bulky items behind.
Who we work with
We are about 50 in number and we will work with:
- FMC Technologies (20 volunteers)
- Jurong Secondary School (40)
- North Vista Secondary ODAC (35)
This is some 145 in all, a good balance between impact and effectiveness.
A hand with the trash!
We need to leave the trash near the road, so we will hire a pickup to transport trash bags from the Trash Collection Point (TCP) to the Trash Disposal Point (TDP; see map) – less back breaking work for us!
- Sleep early the night before and hydrate – for better performance, enjoyment of the morning and fewer mistakes.
- Set your alarm to wake up on time – we can’t wait for latecomers
- Have a decent breakfast – it will be a workout!
What to bring
- Covered shoes with hard soles – hard-soled booties are fine.
- Water bottle (more than one litre of water).
- Hat and/or sun block.
- Raincoat/ponco (we will carry on working in rain but stop for lightning or a heavy storm)
- Towel in a bag – to wipe off any sand and mud off you.
- Some water to wipe yourself down with, even with a water point in the vicinity.
- A change of t-shirt is a great relief after the sweaty workout.
- Pants to protect your legs from insect bites.
- Water-proof your belongings.
- 7.00am – Dover MRT
- 7.30am – Kranji MRT
- 7.40am – Meeting Point at Kranji Reservoir Car Park A
- Briefing, safety, wet weather plan, insect repellent application
- 8.00am – cleanup begins
- 8.30am – Loading and Weighing teams begin work
- 9.30am – Data collection ends – be responsive to Site Captains.
- Data consolidation
- Weighing at TCP until completed
- Trash moved from TCP to TDP – vehicle assisted.
- 11.00am – Cleanup ends; participants wipe down and wash up.
- 12.00pm – We all leave – a bus from the carpark will leave from Kranji MRT and Clementi MRT.
We are looking forward to working with and being inspired by you. Have a restful week everyone!
Sivasothi aka Otterman
with Joelle Lai (Organiser, Raffles Museum Toddycats) and Adriane Lee (Dy Zone Captain, North West Zone, ICCS)
Raffles Museum Toddycats