Toddycats are back with our Love MacRitchie Walks for 2014! The three guided walks we conducted at Venus Loop last year received overwhelming response and much positive feedback. With our crew of 20 veteran and novice guides, we managed to reach out to 64 participants (majority from the NUS community). We even helped train MacRitchie advocates from NIE and Singapore American School, who then went on to bring the Love MacRitchie Walks to a wider audience.
This year, Toddycats are striving to beef up our pool of trained guides, explore new trails at MacRitchie, and hold more guided walks regularly for members of the public. Each of these walks will be able to accommodate up to 25 participants. You can look forward to hearing wonderful stories about the plants and animals of MacRitchie Forest!
Here’s a tentative schedule for the Love MacRitchie Walks series for the first half of 2014:
- 8 Feb – Guiding workshop at Venus Loop (for Toddycats only)
- 15 Feb – Love MacRitchie Walk at Venus Loop
- 1 Mar – Love MacRitchie Walk at Petai Trail
- 15 Mar – Love MacRitchie Walk at Venus Loop
- 29 Mar – Love MacRitchie Walk at Venus Loop
- 12 Apr – Love MacRitchie Walk at Venus Loop
Stay tuned to lovemacritchie.wordpress.com/love-macritchie-walks and like us on Facebook for updates on registration details.