In 2008, a 9-km series of trails, bridges and walkways were unveiled – these reconnected the Southern Ridges which had been carved through by several roads (see map). An almost continuous traffic-free walk from NUS to HarbourFront became possible and takes two hours at a brisk pace.
This is an excellent way to get in some exercise at the end of a tough week, amidst a unique landscape and greenery. Get to know various points along the Southern Ridges and plan your future visits. But it all starts with a walk and we are hard pressed to find the time.
To get you going, NUS Toddycats, in conjunction with Ridge View Residential College are leading a series of brisk walks for NUS staff, students and friends from YIH Plaza through to HarbourFront MRT on the following dates:
- Fri 24 Mar 2017
- Fri 28 Apr 2017
- Fri 19 May 2017
- Fri 30 Jun 2017
- Fri 28 Jul 2017
If you struggle to keep up initially, you can peel off at any time. Several popular stop points along the way are:
- 2.0km, 22 mins – Science Park 1 (Kent Ridge MRT Station); [route]
- 4.0km, 51 mins – Reflections at Bukit Chandu (near Pasir Panjang MRT Station) [route]
- 5.3km, 1h 12mins – Alexandra Arch (near Labrador Park MRT Station); [route]
- 6.2km, 1h 22mins – Henderson Waves (near Telok Blangah) – Bus Stop no. 14051 & 14059; [route]
- 8.8km, 2h 5mins – HarbourFront (near MRT Station); [route]
Your guides frm NUS Toddycats will be Kenneth Pinto, Xu Weiting, Airani S & N. Sivasothi.
If there is threat of heavy rain, strong winds prior to a storm or haze, we will cancel the walk and inform you by email.