In 2013, a shocking announcement was issued by LTA about the proposed Cross Island MRT Line. This proposal to tunnel under the precious and fragile MacRitchie Forest ecosystem was met by nature groups in various ways.
One of those responses was the Love MacRitchie movement, a collective effort by several nature groups in Singapore who share the uniqueness and value of our heritage which is the MacRitchie Forest.
In addition to talks about the issue, education of students and engagement with the media, members of the group also offer guided nature walks at MacRitchie.
Join our nurturing guides on a walk to discover your heritage, understand why we have a love for such spaces, and lend your voice to save MacRitchie from this and future threats.
The walks, which began in 2013, have continued to the present time, even as the investigation and debate on the alignment of the Cross Island Line continues. Find out more during the Love MacRitchie walks in the first half of 2019 by visiting the Love Maritchie Eventbrite page to register.
- 13 Jan – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!
- 9 Feb – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!
- 10 Mar – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!
- 23 Mar – Ranger Station with Herpetological Society of Singapore
- 13 Apr – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!
- 5 May – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!
- 8 Jun – Venus Loop with NUS Toddycats!