Join us on our briskwalk? Please register your participation at the Eventbrite webpage, thanks!
In 2008, a 9-km series of trails, bridges and walkways were unveiled, which reconnected the Southern Ridges which had been carved through by several roads (see map). An almost continuous traffic-free walk from NUS to HarbourFront became possible which takes two hours at a brisk pace.
This is an excellent way to get in some exercise at the end of a tough week, amidst a unique landscape and greenery. Hard pressed to find the time? Join NUS Toddycats on five walks from YIH Plaza through to Hort Park and HarbourFront MRT on the following dates:
- Fri 6 Sep 2019 (we end at Hort Park; ~5km)
- Fri 27 Sep 2019 (we end at Harbourfront MRT; ~8km)
- Fri 18 Oct 2019 (we end at Hort Park; ~5km)
- Fri 8 Nov 2019 (we end at Hort Park; ~5km)
- Fri 15 Nov 2019 (we end at Harbourfront MRT; ~8km)
Please register your participation at the Eventbrite webpage – pick the correct date and register for that individually.
You may leave the group at any time. Some of the typical stop points along the way include:
- 2.0km, 22 mins – Science Park 1 (Kent Ridge MRT Station)
- 4.0km, 51 mins – Reflections at Bukit Chandu (near Pasir Panjang MRT Station)
- 5.3km, 1h 12mins – Hort Park (near Labrador Park MRT Station)
- 6.2km, 1h 22mins – Henderson Waves (near Telok Blangah) – Bus Stop no. 14051 & 14059
- 8.8km, 2h 5mins – HarbourFront (near MRT Station)
Your NUS Toddycats guides will be Kenneth Pinto, Xu Weiting, Airani S, Joleen Chan & N. Sivasothi (aka Otterman).
If there is threat of heavy rain, strong winds prior to a storm or haze, we will inform you via Eventbrite or if its too late, at YIH Plaza itself.