“Howl at the Moon” is an information/engagement series conducted for Toddycats to better inform and engage volunteers.
Coordinated by N. Sivasothi & Joelle Lai, we invite our own members and external speakers to share their experiences and motivations.
Toddycats are notified of sessions through the mailing list.
- HOWL 15, Wed 03 Jan 2016 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab
(Coordinated by Xu Weiting, Fung Tze Kwan & Joys Tan)
with Seniors: Chloe Tan, Ivan Kwan, Marcus Chua, David Tan & Anand Balan
& Veterans: Airani, Alvin, Oi Yee, Joelle & N. Sivasothi
- How now brown cow? – Introductions (Seniors & Veterans with all)
- Toddycats – a brief history and annual participation (N. Sivasothi)
- Nature Wardens & Forest Patrols – how we report and help (Seniors & N. Sivasothi)
- Secrets of the Underworld – the recent EIA feedback processes (Questions answered by N. Sivasothi)
- Toddycats management, calendar of events and preparations for the Festival of Biodiversity (Joelle Lai)
- Good news from walks and talks
- ICCS Marine Life & Marine Trash talks by Joys Tan,
- Common Palm Civet outreach programme by Xu Weiting
- Love MacRitchie walks and talks by Chloe Tan
- What’s afoot in NUS
- HOWL 14, Wed 20 Jan 2016 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab (Chaired by Ong Say Lin)
- 2015 Summary
- 2016 Calendar of Events
- Toddycat participation in events
- Love MacRitchie/CRL Updates (Chloe Tan)
- Updates to LKCNHM Gallery guide programme
- MyCat walk (Marcus Chua)
- Resurrecting the Fraser’s Hill FT (TBC)
- HOWL 13, Wed 07 Oct 2015 @ S16-03 ALR
- The Cross-Island Engagement
- Love MacRitche
- LKCNHM Guides Programme
- Whistle Blower (conflict and enforcement) and BT Patrol report
- Otter Watch and Monkey Watch
- HOWL 12, Mon 16 Feb 2015 – Introductions (Joelle Lai); BT closure (Xu Weiting)
- HOWL 11, Fri 10 Oct 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – Toddycats identity and t-shirt & LKCNHM update; Project Ubin; Bukit Timah Patrol
- HOWL 10, Thu 24 Mar 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ DBS Conference Room II – The Navjot Sodhi Memorial Conversation (Conservation issues in SEA by Mary Rose Posa; Our niche in our world by Dan Rittschoff; Lessons from Chek Jawa by N. Sivasothi).
- HOWL 09, Wed 26 Feb 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – Toddycats name change? (N. Sivasothi); Manpower status (Joelle Lai); Otters at GBB; Singapore Flowering; Ops Whistleblower (N. Sivasothi).
- HOWL 08, Wed 22 Jan 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ Science Library SR – Introduction & welcome (Joelle Lai); Otter Conference @ Bangalore (Meryl Theng); Project LUWAK Singapore (Xu Weiting); Love MacRitchie updates (Chloe Tan); Toddycats 2014 calendar planning.
- HOWL 07, Mon 02 Dec 2013: 7.000pm – 10.00pm @ HV O’Cofee Club – URA Master Plan discussion.
- HOWL 06, Wed 25 Sep 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – A conversation about conservation with Subaraj Rajathurai & Tony O’Dempsey.
- HOWL 05, Fri 16 Aug 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: Love MacRitchie (N. Sivasothi), Long-tailed macaques (Amanda Tan) & “Love Sharks” (Kathy Xu).
- HOWL 04, Wed 17 Jul 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: FoB (Joelle Lai); Social media strategies (N. Sivasothi); Student Exchange @ Yale (David Tan) & Volunteering w/Philippines Biodiversity Conservation Foundation Inc. (Chloe Tan)
- HOWL 03, Thu 06 Jun 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: ACRES Laos (Ong Say Lin)
- HOWL 02, Tue 30 Apr 2013: 7.00pm – 9.30 pm @ NUS LT27: “Pulau Ubin – facts and discussion” (Faizal Jamal, Ivan Kwan, Joseph Chun & Debby Ng)[link].
- HOWL 01, Tue 26 Feb 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: Welcome and Introductions; Singapore Conversations, etc. (N. Sivasothi) [link]
Dinners and Teas
- The 4th Toddycats Appreciation Dinner and overnight stay at Changi, Fri 24 Jul 2015
- LKCNHM Volunteers Engagement Tea, Sat 28 Feb 2015
- The 3rd Volunteer Appreciation Dinner & Last Hurrah! Public Gallery tour for Toddycats, Wed 20 Mar 2013
- Appreciation Dinner and Biodiversity of Singapore Encyclopedia presentation for Toddycats Volunteer Project Managers & Senior Volunteers, Wed 03 Aug 2011 [album]
- The 2nd Toddycats Appreciation Dinner & overnight stay at Changi (1 Cranwell Bungalow ), Friday 01 Feb 2008
- The 1st Toddycats Appreciation Dinner and Ghostly Night Tour of the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Friday, 14 Oct 2005