“Howl at the Moon” is an information/engagement series conducted for Toddycats to better inform and engage volunteers.
We invite Toddycats and external speakers to share their experiences and motivations, facilitate engagement between Toddycats and Friends and introduce conservation topics through games and quizzes.
Toddycats are notified of sessions through the mailing list.
Coordinators – Theresa Su, Ong Say Lin & N. Sivasothi (2017); N. Sivasothi & Seniors (2016); N. Sivasothi & Joelle Lai (2013 – 2015).
- HOWL 20, Fri 02 Mar 2018 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab
- HOWL 19, Fri 27 Oct 2017 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab: Ice Breaker: Singapore Map Game; [Maine Event: Wildlife Roadkills]» 3min presentations on roadkills and macaques; article Jigsaw (roadkill articles); Biodiversity Friends Forum (BFF); [Project updates]» Shelter Pawject; ICCS ; LOMF; Rail Corridor; Urban Wildlife working group; Wild Pig Task Force | MY Cat trip; CAPT recce + sharing of their other trips and activities
- HOWL 18, Fri 04 Aug 2017 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab: EIAs and You (N. Sivasothi)
- HOWL 17, Thu 18 May 2017 [link] @ LKCNHM Learning Lab: Welcome to Howl; Icebreakers; Project update: FOB + Ridgewalk; How is FOB2017 training is different (SBWR, LOMF enrichment); [Project updates]» Shelter Pawject; sharing session with ELSA; ICCS; LOMF; Macaque meetings + Otterwatch; | Fireside Chat with Vilma D’Rozario, Cicada Tree Eco Place
- HOWL 16, Wed 12 Oct 2016 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab: Updates on recent Toddycats events (FOB & ICCS); Short quiz on BTNR; Background and importance of BTNR (N. Sivasothi); Discussion on BTNR; Closure of BTNR (Xu Weiting); Importance of BTNR: Flora (Adrian Loo); Importance of BTNR: Fauna (Marcus Chua)
- HOWL 15, Wed 03 Jan 2016 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab (Coordinated by Xu Weiting, Fung Tze Kwan & Joys Tan), with Seniors (Chloe Tan, Ivan Kwan, Marcus Chua, David Tan, Anand Balan, Airani, Alvin, Oi Yee, Joelle & N. Sivasothi): How now brown cow? – Introductions (Seniors & Veterans with all); Toddycats – a brief history and annual participation (N. Sivasothi); Nature Wardens & Forest Patrols – how we report and help (Seniors & N. Sivasothi); Secrets of the Underworld – the recent EIA feedback processes (Questions answered by N. Sivasothi); Toddycats management, calendar of events and preparations for the Festival of Biodiversity (Joelle Lai); Good news from walks and talks » ICCS Marine Life & Marine Trash talks by Joys Tan; Common Palm Civet outreach programme by Xu Weiting; Love MacRitchie walks and talks by Chloe Tan; [What’s afoot in NUS]» RVRC new staff & Life Science Honours by six-month internship (N. Sivasothi); Little Green Men (Sarah Bennett); NUS Day of Service (Joelle Lai); Akan datang: FoB & 25th ICCS (Joys Tan)
- HOWL 14, Wed 20 Jan 2016 @ LKCNHM Learning Lab (Chaired by Ong Say Lin): 2015 Summary; 2016 Calendar of Events; [Toddycat events]» Love MacRitchie/CRL Updates (Chloe Tan); Updates to LKCNHM Gallery guide programme; MyCat walk (Marcus Chua); Resurrecting the Fraser’s Hill FT (TBC)
- HOWL 13, Wed 07 Oct 2015 @ S16-03 ALR: The Cross-Island Engagement; Love MacRitche; ICCS; LKCNHM Guides Programme; Whistle Blower (conflict and enforcement) and BT Patrol report; Otter Watch and Monkey Watch
- HOWL 12, Mon 16 Feb 2015 [link] – Introductions (Joelle Lai); BT closure (Xu Weiting)
- HOWL 11, Fri 10 Oct 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – Toddycats identity and t-shirt & LKCNHM update; Project Ubin; Bukit Timah Patrol
- HOWL 10, Thu 24 Mar 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ DBS Conference Room II – The Navjot Sodhi Memorial Conversation (Conservation issues in SEA by Mary Rose Posa; Our niche in our world by Dan Rittschoff; Lessons from Chek Jawa by N. Sivasothi).
- HOWL 09, Wed 26 Feb 2014 [link]: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – Toddycats name change? (N. Sivasothi); Manpower status (Joelle Lai); Otters at GBB; Singapore Flowering; Ops Whistleblower (N. Sivasothi).
- HOWL 08, Wed 22 Jan 2014: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ Science Library SR – Introduction & welcome (Joelle Lai); Otter Conference @ Bangalore (Meryl Theng); Project LUWAK Singapore (Xu Weiting); Love MacRitchie updates (Chloe Tan); Toddycats 2014 calendar planning.
- HOWL 07, Mon 02 Dec 2013: 7.000pm – 10.00pm @ HV O’Cofee Club – URA Master Plan discussion.
- HOWL 06, Wed 25 Sep 2013 [link]: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR – A conversation about conservation with Subaraj Rajathurai & Tony O’Dempsey.
- HOWL 05, Fri 16 Aug 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: Love MacRitchie (N. Sivasothi), Long-tailed macaques (Amanda Tan) & “Love Sharks” (Kathy Xu).
- HOWL 04, Wed 17 Jul 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: FoB (Joelle Lai); Social media strategies (N. Sivasothi); Student Exchange @ Yale (David Tan) & Volunteering w/Philippines Biodiversity Conservation Foundation Inc. (Chloe Tan)
- HOWL 03, Thu 06 Jun 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: ACRES Laos (Ong Say Lin)
- HOWL 02, Tue 30 Apr 2013: 7.00pm – 9.30 pm @ NUS LT27: Public Talk, “Pulau Ubin – facts and discussion” (Faizal Jamal, Ivan Kwan, Joseph Chun & Debby Ng)[link].
- HOWL 01, Tue 26 Feb 2013: 7.00pm – 10.00pm @ ALR: Welcome and Introductions; Singapore Conversations, etc. (N. Sivasothi) [link]
Dinners and Teas
- The 4th Toddycats Appreciation Dinner and overnight stay at Changi, Fri 24 Jul 2015
- LKCNHM Volunteers Engagement Tea, Sat 28 Feb 2015
- The 3rd Volunteer Appreciation Dinner & Last Hurrah! Public Gallery tour for Toddycats, Wed 20 Mar 2013
- Appreciation Dinner and Biodiversity of Singapore Encyclopedia presentation for Toddycats Volunteer Project Managers & Senior Volunteers, Wed 03 Aug 2011 [album]
- The 2nd Toddycats Appreciation Dinner & overnight stay at Changi (1 Cranwell Bungalow ), Friday 01 Feb 2008
- The 1st Toddycats Appreciation Dinner and Ghostly Night Tour of the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Friday, 14 Oct 2005