Join us on our briskwalk? Please register your participation at the Eventbrite webpage, thanks!
In 2008, a 9-km series of trails, bridges and walkways were unveiled, which reconnected the Southern Ridges which had been carved through by several roads (see map). An almost continuous traffic-free walk from NUS to HarbourFront became possible which takes two hours at a brisk pace.
This is an excellent way to get in some exercise at the end of a tough week, amidst a unique landscape and greenery. Get to know various points along the Southern Ridges and plan future visits. But we are hard pressed to find the time, aren’t we?
To get you going, NUS Toddycats are leading a series of brisk walks for NUS staff, students and friends from YIH Plaza through to HarbourFront MRT on the following dates:
- Fri 26 Jan 2018
- Fri 23 Feb 2018
- Fri 23 Mar 2018
- Fri 27 Apr 2018
- Fri 25 May 2018
Please register your participation at the Eventbrite webpage – pick your date and register for that individually.
You may leave the group at any time. Some of the typical stop points along the way include:
- 2.0km, 22 mins – Science Park 1 (Kent Ridge MRT Station)/li>
- 4.0km, 51 mins – Reflections at Bukit Chandu (near Pasir Panjang MRT Station)
- 5.3km, 1h 12mins – Hort Park (near Labrador Park MRT Station)
- 6.2km, 1h 22mins – Henderson Waves (near Telok Blangah) – Bus Stop no. 14051 & 14059
- 8.8km, 2h 5mins – HarbourFront (near MRT Station)
Your guides frm NUS Toddycats will be Kenneth Pinto, Xu Weiting, Airani S & N. Sivasothi.
If there is threat of heavy rain, strong winds prior to a storm or haze, we will inform you early or if unable, at YIH Plaza itself.